Safetor EWP-A - Elevated Work Platform Anchor
This EWP anchor complies to the AS/NZS 5532.2013 and the AS/NZS 1891.4.2009 Standards
Elevated Work Platform Anchor (EWP-A)
$297.00 NZD + GST & Freight
The rated ultimate capacity for this type of anchors as set out in table
3.1 of AS/NZS 1981.4:2009 is 15kN.
As per AS/NZS1891.4:2009 1 persons — Free fall arrest = 15kN
Kulorthene Series ABCITE® thermoplastic powder coatings have been
developed specifically for enhanced long term corrosion protection, high impact strength
and excellent exterior weathering.
2 x EPDM washers 4.5mm x 100mm OD x 16mm ID are supplied with all EWP-A - Elevated Work Platform Anchors. This protects the coating on the anchors
and creates a barrier stopping any contact between the steel anchor and
the aluminium cage floor thus eliminating any corrosion.
The Safetor EWP-A - Elevated Work Platform anchor is designed to be fixed to the floor of any Safety Cage as shown in photo or to any flat sound structural platform or surface.
1. You should always seek advice from a structural engineer before installing any height safety anchor points to
any buildings or structures
2. All height safety anchors should be used as restraint anchors only
3. The anchors should be inspected annually and immediately prior to each use, by a competent person, as defined in
4. No structural repairs or modification shall be carried out to the anchors without the express
approval of Collins Corporation Ltd
Operators must wear a harness with the following MEWPs:
- truck-mounted boom lift
- self-propelled boom lift
- trailer-mounted boom lift (cherry pickers)
- vertical masts, where manufacturer recommends a harness
- any other boom-type lift, including spider lifts
- that has a knuckle or pivot arrangement
- any machine where a risk assessment shows it is necessary.
- Operators must be harnessed inside the platform because the platforms of the above types of MEWP can tip suddenly when elevating (such as if it hits something or the levelling system fails) or the operator can be catapulted out when driving.
- Operators in boom-style MEWPs must wear a safety harness with a lanyard – fitted with a short energy absorber or self-retracting lifeline (SRL). The harness must be attached to a certified anchor point. If using an adjustable lanyard, make it as short as practical to keep the operator inside the platform. Select a lanyard length based on the size of the platform of the MEWP being used.
- Anchor points should be as close to the platform floor as possible
Only competent users who have received training should use this equipment.
(Refer to the AS/NZS 1891.4:2009 recommendations concerning selection, use and maintenance.)
Back to Products
© Collins Corporation Limited 2016